Bishop Guertin tops Merrimack in 'Granite State Challenge'
Bishop Guertin coach Meagan Davidson admits to some early nerves. "We were a bit worried going in because Merrimack beat us in our first competition ever. Being an alum of Merrimack and knowing the coaches added a little bit of friendly competition as well," she said.
The Merrimack Tomahawks were represented by captain Maslin Laberge, Allison Yelgin, James Jolly and Dan Mulligan. The team was coached by Sara Campbell.
The quiz contest began the season with 16 Granite State high school teams battling for the SuperChallenge title. The show brings top high school academic teams head to head in a competition that emphasizes quick recall of material in all major disciplines - math, science, social studies, language and fine arts - along with a mix of questions about current events, entertainment, sports and regional topics.
The SuperChallenge winner will compete for the Governor's Cup against the winner of the WGBH Boston High School Quiz Show at the end of the season.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Another View -- Marco Rubio: Brown will stop the Obama agenda, put us on a better course - 4
- Another View - Sean O'Kane: Jeanne Shaheen is a friend of NH's tourism industry - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: How the cult of celebrity destroys our political culture - 3
- Pat Buchanan: How do terror networks win their Western recruits? - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Rep. Ann Kuster has not been a help to NH senior citizens - 8
- Jonah Goldberg: Why narratives are more powerful than ideas - 0
- Pat Buchanan: People sense the country is falling apart - 2
- Celeste Clark : I saw Keene State College and the police try to prevent a riot - 2
- Deroy Murdock: Colorado shows the perils of mailing-in the election - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 15
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters