Bishop Guertin tops Merrimack in 'Granite State Challenge'
Bishop Guertin coach Meagan Davidson admits to some early nerves. "We were a bit worried going in because Merrimack beat us in our first competition ever. Being an alum of Merrimack and knowing the coaches added a little bit of friendly competition as well," she said.
The Merrimack Tomahawks were represented by captain Maslin Laberge, Allison Yelgin, James Jolly and Dan Mulligan. The team was coached by Sara Campbell.
The quiz contest began the season with 16 Granite State high school teams battling for the SuperChallenge title. The show brings top high school academic teams head to head in a competition that emphasizes quick recall of material in all major disciplines - math, science, social studies, language and fine arts - along with a mix of questions about current events, entertainment, sports and regional topics.
The SuperChallenge winner will compete for the Governor's Cup against the winner of the WGBH Boston High School Quiz Show at the end of the season.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
- Anti-bully message on display at Pinkerton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry victim of Maine shooting expected to recover - 0
- Derry man facing sex assaults wants trial, rejects plea deal - 0
- Bail set at $20,000 for escapee captured after DWI wreck of stolen car - 0
- Utility truck overturns as vehicles dodge ladder on Route 101 in Exeter - 0
- Missing inmate arrested in Rochester after crash - 1
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'