Bishop Guertin tops Merrimack in 'Granite State Challenge'
Bishop Guertin coach Meagan Davidson admits to some early nerves. "We were a bit worried going in because Merrimack beat us in our first competition ever. Being an alum of Merrimack and knowing the coaches added a little bit of friendly competition as well," she said.
The Merrimack Tomahawks were represented by captain Maslin Laberge, Allison Yelgin, James Jolly and Dan Mulligan. The team was coached by Sara Campbell.
The quiz contest began the season with 16 Granite State high school teams battling for the SuperChallenge title. The show brings top high school academic teams head to head in a competition that emphasizes quick recall of material in all major disciplines - math, science, social studies, language and fine arts - along with a mix of questions about current events, entertainment, sports and regional topics.
The SuperChallenge winner will compete for the Governor's Cup against the winner of the WGBH Boston High School Quiz Show at the end of the season.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sen. Ayotte says strategy is needed to defeat ISIS - 1
- Mass. journalist freed in Syria; kidnappers are a rival group of Foley's murderers - 0
- Close to a thousand people remember James Foley at service in Rochester - 1
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- U.S. opens criminal probe into death - 0
- News veteran Balboni says Foley 'found his calling' covering war zones. - 0
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza - 0
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 31
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate