Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian killed in Peterborough identified as local man
At the scene of a fatal traffic accident on Route 202 Friday night, Peterborough Police Capt. Ernest Belletete stands ready to redirect traffic through the South Meadow School parking lot. (Meghan Pierce/Union Leader Correspondent)
Michael J. Dugrenier, 51, of Peterborough, was pronounced dead at the scene, Police Chief Scott Guinard said in press release Saturday afternoon.
The driver of the vehicle Peter P. Blais, 34, of Concord, was driving northbound along Hancock Road in the area of Pheasant Road when his vehicle struck Dugrenier, Guinard said.
The exact cause of the accident is not known at this time and remains under investigation by the Peterborough Police Department and the New Hampshire State Police Technical Accident Reconstruction Team.
Route 202 in front of South Meadow South was closed for about four hours Friday night as investigators reconstructed the scene. The accident occurred around 6:30 p.m.
"That particular area is dark at that hour," Guinard Friday night.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 10
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 3
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 8
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Every vote counts: Here is the proof