Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian killed in Peterborough identified as local man
At the scene of a fatal traffic accident on Route 202 Friday night, Peterborough Police Capt. Ernest Belletete stands ready to redirect traffic through the South Meadow School parking lot. (Meghan Pierce/Union Leader Correspondent)
Michael J. Dugrenier, 51, of Peterborough, was pronounced dead at the scene, Police Chief Scott Guinard said in press release Saturday afternoon.
The driver of the vehicle Peter P. Blais, 34, of Concord, was driving northbound along Hancock Road in the area of Pheasant Road when his vehicle struck Dugrenier, Guinard said.
The exact cause of the accident is not known at this time and remains under investigation by the Peterborough Police Department and the New Hampshire State Police Technical Accident Reconstruction Team.
Route 202 in front of South Meadow South was closed for about four hours Friday night as investigators reconstructed the scene. The accident occurred around 6:30 p.m.
"That particular area is dark at that hour," Guinard Friday night.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 4
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 4
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof