Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian killed in Peterborough identified as local man
At the scene of a fatal traffic accident on Route 202 Friday night, Peterborough Police Capt. Ernest Belletete stands ready to redirect traffic through the South Meadow School parking lot. (Meghan Pierce/Union Leader Correspondent)
Michael J. Dugrenier, 51, of Peterborough, was pronounced dead at the scene, Police Chief Scott Guinard said in press release Saturday afternoon.
The driver of the vehicle Peter P. Blais, 34, of Concord, was driving northbound along Hancock Road in the area of Pheasant Road when his vehicle struck Dugrenier, Guinard said.
The exact cause of the accident is not known at this time and remains under investigation by the Peterborough Police Department and the New Hampshire State Police Technical Accident Reconstruction Team.
Route 202 in front of South Meadow South was closed for about four hours Friday night as investigators reconstructed the scene. The accident occurred around 6:30 p.m.
"That particular area is dark at that hour," Guinard Friday night.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 1
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 7
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A short history of the spice trade - 0
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m