Home » News » Public Safety
Dummer woman hurt in Lake Umbagog snowmobile crash
According to a New Hampshire Fish and Game press release, Roxanne Bonney was driving her snowmobile on Lake Umbagog around 4:45 p.m., but hit "a rock wall that was exposed due to the winter water level."
Conservation officials said the impact stopped the snowmobile short and Bonney was thrown from the machine. Errol Rescue responded to the crash and took her by ambulance to Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin for treatment. There were no further details about her injuries.
"The accident remains under investigation, however Fish and Game officials want to remind snowmobile riders that even though most frozen bodies of water do not have designated speed limits that operation is required to be reasonable and prudent under existing conditions to avoid collisions," the press release said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too