Home » News » Public Safety
Dummer woman hurt in Lake Umbagog snowmobile crash
According to a New Hampshire Fish and Game press release, Roxanne Bonney was driving her snowmobile on Lake Umbagog around 4:45 p.m., but hit "a rock wall that was exposed due to the winter water level."
Conservation officials said the impact stopped the snowmobile short and Bonney was thrown from the machine. Errol Rescue responded to the crash and took her by ambulance to Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin for treatment. There were no further details about her injuries.
"The accident remains under investigation, however Fish and Game officials want to remind snowmobile riders that even though most frozen bodies of water do not have designated speed limits that operation is required to be reasonable and prudent under existing conditions to avoid collisions," the press release said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out