Home » News » Public Safety
Dummer woman hurt in Lake Umbagog snowmobile crash
According to a New Hampshire Fish and Game press release, Roxanne Bonney was driving her snowmobile on Lake Umbagog around 4:45 p.m., but hit "a rock wall that was exposed due to the winter water level."
Conservation officials said the impact stopped the snowmobile short and Bonney was thrown from the machine. Errol Rescue responded to the crash and took her by ambulance to Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin for treatment. There were no further details about her injuries.
"The accident remains under investigation, however Fish and Game officials want to remind snowmobile riders that even though most frozen bodies of water do not have designated speed limits that operation is required to be reasonable and prudent under existing conditions to avoid collisions," the press release said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll