Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man critically injured in Moultonborough snowmobile crash
Brandon Fitzgerald of Westford, Mass., had been riding alone on Lake Winnipesaukee and his machine hit a snow berm at the town beach area on Long Island Road, according to Sgt. Brad Morse of the Fish and Game Department. Fitzgerald was ejected from the snowmobile and thrown more than 80 feet, striking a guard rail on the opposite side of the road, he said.
Witnesses in a nearby residence had seen the crash, which happened around 12:45 a.m. Saturday, and came to help, finding the man unconscious, Morse said. He was taken by ambulance to Moultonborough Airport, where he was airlifted by DHART helicopter to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Morse said.
Fitzgerald was wearing a helmet, but suffered serious head injuries in the crash, Morse said.
Fitzgerald was in critical condition at DHMC on Saturday, according to a nursing supervisor.
Fish and Game is investigating the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
- Hot spotlight put on NH domestic violence - 2
- NH Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence is seeking funding - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine - 1
- Two weekend robberies reported in Manchester, one committed by man in sling, 'Rocky Squirrel' hat - 0
- Man stabbed in leg in Manchester incident - 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 1
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown v. Shaheen: A tale of new polls - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- NHIAA Football Power Poll; Who's No. 1 this week? - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats