Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man critically injured in Moultonborough snowmobile crash
Brandon Fitzgerald of Westford, Mass., had been riding alone on Lake Winnipesaukee and his machine hit a snow berm at the town beach area on Long Island Road, according to Sgt. Brad Morse of the Fish and Game Department. Fitzgerald was ejected from the snowmobile and thrown more than 80 feet, striking a guard rail on the opposite side of the road, he said.
Witnesses in a nearby residence had seen the crash, which happened around 12:45 a.m. Saturday, and came to help, finding the man unconscious, Morse said. He was taken by ambulance to Moultonborough Airport, where he was airlifted by DHART helicopter to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Morse said.
Fitzgerald was wearing a helmet, but suffered serious head injuries in the crash, Morse said.
Fitzgerald was in critical condition at DHMC on Saturday, according to a nursing supervisor.
Fish and Game is investigating the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- 2 motorcycle riders hurt in Laconia collision - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH