Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man critically injured in Moultonborough snowmobile crash
Brandon Fitzgerald of Westford, Mass., had been riding alone on Lake Winnipesaukee and his machine hit a snow berm at the town beach area on Long Island Road, according to Sgt. Brad Morse of the Fish and Game Department. Fitzgerald was ejected from the snowmobile and thrown more than 80 feet, striking a guard rail on the opposite side of the road, he said.
Witnesses in a nearby residence had seen the crash, which happened around 12:45 a.m. Saturday, and came to help, finding the man unconscious, Morse said. He was taken by ambulance to Moultonborough Airport, where he was airlifted by DHART helicopter to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Morse said.
Fitzgerald was wearing a helmet, but suffered serious head injuries in the crash, Morse said.
Fitzgerald was in critical condition at DHMC on Saturday, according to a nursing supervisor.
Fish and Game is investigating the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'