Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man critically injured in Moultonborough snowmobile crash
Brandon Fitzgerald of Westford, Mass., had been riding alone on Lake Winnipesaukee and his machine hit a snow berm at the town beach area on Long Island Road, according to Sgt. Brad Morse of the Fish and Game Department. Fitzgerald was ejected from the snowmobile and thrown more than 80 feet, striking a guard rail on the opposite side of the road, he said.
Witnesses in a nearby residence had seen the crash, which happened around 12:45 a.m. Saturday, and came to help, finding the man unconscious, Morse said. He was taken by ambulance to Moultonborough Airport, where he was airlifted by DHART helicopter to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Morse said.
Fitzgerald was wearing a helmet, but suffered serious head injuries in the crash, Morse said.
Fitzgerald was in critical condition at DHMC on Saturday, according to a nursing supervisor.
Fish and Game is investigating the crash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'