Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Young friends of the Currier
"Whenever I lead a training for a new group of docents, I inevitably hear from interested young professionals that can't fit that kind of commitment into their schedule," she said in an email to The Scene.
"I hope it becomes a strong coalition that works to support the museum through social media and innovative partnerships," she wrote. And they hope the group's support of the arts will extend beyond the Currier to other areas of the community.
Waiting for Spider Man
My husband's a bit of a comic book geek, so imagine my excitement when I found out a live show featuring Marvel super heroes was scheduled to come to the Verizon Wireless Arena in October, right around his birthday.
Perry said the show's producers, Feld Entertainment, decided to release tickets for all U.S. shows at once. While Manchester will not be visited until 2015, other cities will experience the show this summer, and others not until 2016.
Sullivan for St. Patrick's
Congratulations to Sister Patricia Sullivan RSM for being named Grand Marshal of the 19th annual Manchester St. Patrick's Parade. The parade will not be held until Sunday, March 30, but the city's Saint Patrick's season begins this Saturday when Sr. Pat will receive her Grand Marshal sash during a Celtic Mass at Saint Raphael Parish at 4 p.m.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- After hand injury, Manchester spa owner didn't think she would ever be able to work again - 0
- Scene in Manchester: A no-holds-barred workout right on Elm Street - 1
- Scene in Manchester: Monsters on the loose, again - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: At Zaboo, 'You'll fit right in ...' - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene In Manchester: Tracking street crime is her game - 2
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Elm Street's resurgence includes a good workout - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Calling all area Muchachos - 0
- Scene in Manchester: Runners get ready to travel back in time - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- NFL: Eagles rally in second half to edge Colts, 30-27 - 0
- Large blast kills at least one in Afghan capital as smoke rises above city - 0
- UNH ranked for 144th straight week; QB Goldrich honored by CAA - 0
- New Legion director eyes junior division growth - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Five different goal scorers lift Pinkerton to field hockey win - 0
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats