Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Young friends of the Currier
"Whenever I lead a training for a new group of docents, I inevitably hear from interested young professionals that can't fit that kind of commitment into their schedule," she said in an email to The Scene.
"I hope it becomes a strong coalition that works to support the museum through social media and innovative partnerships," she wrote. And they hope the group's support of the arts will extend beyond the Currier to other areas of the community.
Waiting for Spider Man
My husband's a bit of a comic book geek, so imagine my excitement when I found out a live show featuring Marvel super heroes was scheduled to come to the Verizon Wireless Arena in October, right around his birthday.
Perry said the show's producers, Feld Entertainment, decided to release tickets for all U.S. shows at once. While Manchester will not be visited until 2015, other cities will experience the show this summer, and others not until 2016.
Sullivan for St. Patrick's
Congratulations to Sister Patricia Sullivan RSM for being named Grand Marshal of the 19th annual Manchester St. Patrick's Parade. The parade will not be held until Sunday, March 30, but the city's Saint Patrick's season begins this Saturday when Sr. Pat will receive her Grand Marshal sash during a Celtic Mass at Saint Raphael Parish at 4 p.m.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 5
- Pinkerton: 'No surprises' on first day with additional Hooksett students - 1
- Manchester Youth Leadership Academy will start Sept. 23 - 0
- New school year kicks off in style in Wilton/Lyndeborough - 0
- PSU recognizes 3 professors for their scholarship, service - 0
- Unity Elementary School off to late start - 0
- La. Gov. Jindal files federal lawsuit over Common Core - 0
- Central High parents reminded to use caution when dropping kids off - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- Playing for a purpose Field Hockey Jamboree at Manchester Memorial - 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America
Amnesty? Garcia is against it