Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
AG seeks to unseal evidence in Lizzie Marriott murder case
Mazzaglia cited numerous reasons why statements he made during those interviews, as well as physical evidence garnered through those interviews, should be suppressed, and the state presented as many arguments in support of retaining the statements and evidence.
The two said McDonough had called them in a panic from Mazzaglia's phone and asked them to come over. When they arrived at the Mill Street apartment, they saw a naked girl on the floor wearing only underwear with a plastic bag around her face and head and visual contusions on her neck. Mazzaglia allegedly told them he had "gone too far," according to the filing.
McDonough ended her interview around 7 p.m. by asking for a lawyer. According to the recently filed memorandum of law, she was visibly shaken after police asked her about Gerkin and Hicock.
About four hours in, Mazzaglia drew a map to Marriott and then drove with police to Peirce Island, where the next morning police found strands of human hair on the ground between the sitting area and the cliff at the top of the main footpath, according to the filing.
So far the audio recordings of the interviews have remained under seal.
A final pretrial hearing is scheduled for late April, and the trial against Mazzaglia is scheduled to begin in May.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483