Nashua to debate school spending
The hearing, scheduled for Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the auditorium at Nashua High School North, follows more than a month of budget workshops on the $5 million, or 5.2 percent, increase over last year’s $97 million budget.
The 2015 budget also calls for $275,000 more for out-of-district placements for special education students and $125,750 more for natural gas, based on the current market prices.
School Superintendent Mark Conrad has stressed that less than 1 percent of the proposed budget is for new teachers, staff, text books and technology.
Some BOE members have already said they cannot support a school budget that limits this year’s increase to 2.1 percent.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 2
- Leo Bernier: For Hillsborough County Commission - 0
- Insurance exchanges Sam's Club or Obama's club? - 10
- Garcia and Guinta: For a change, send them to DC - 21
- Jeanne's travel ban: She doesn't want Obama here - 14
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 9
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 41
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 26
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Tournament: Bedford, Exeter on Div. I collision course - 0
- Rollinsford's Hill has goals in mind - 0
- Another View -- Marco Rubio: Brown will stop the Obama agenda, put us on a better course - 2
- Another View - Sean O'Kane: Jeanne Shaheen is a friend of NH's tourism industry - 4
- Charles Arlinghaus: How the cult of celebrity destroys our political culture - 0
- The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw - 17
KSC student facing charges related to riot
2nd CD post-debate 'spin room': Garcia 'shocked' at how many times Kuster interrupted her
Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Rep. Ann Kuster has not been a help to NH senior citizens
Lyndeborough's new Christmas tree destroyed
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw