Home » News » Public Safety
Two men injured in Route 103 crash in Newbury
NEWBURY — Two men were hospitalized Monday morning after their vehicles collided on Route 103.
Police responded to Route 103 around 9:30 a.m., said Newbury Police Chief Bob Lee. The report came in as a two-vehicle crash with entrapment. Two patients were pinned and one had life-threatening injuries.
The crash occurred near the Bradford town line, Lee said, just past Appleseed Restaurant in Bradford. Route 103 was closed while emergency workers responded, but the road was reopened soon after the crash was cleared, Lee said.
Each car had one occupant and each occupant was injured, he said. Both drivers were taken to Concord Hospital for treatment, one by ambulance and one was life-flighted by a medical helicopter for trauma.
“Both should survive fine,” Lee said. “Nothing initially life threatening.”
Lee said the crash is still under investigation, and he did not have any other details.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison