Home » News » Public Safety
Two men injured in Route 103 crash in Newbury
NEWBURY — Two men were hospitalized Monday morning after their vehicles collided on Route 103.
Police responded to Route 103 around 9:30 a.m., said Newbury Police Chief Bob Lee. The report came in as a two-vehicle crash with entrapment. Two patients were pinned and one had life-threatening injuries.
The crash occurred near the Bradford town line, Lee said, just past Appleseed Restaurant in Bradford. Route 103 was closed while emergency workers responded, but the road was reopened soon after the crash was cleared, Lee said.
Each car had one occupant and each occupant was injured, he said. Both drivers were taken to Concord Hospital for treatment, one by ambulance and one was life-flighted by a medical helicopter for trauma.
“Both should survive fine,” Lee said. “Nothing initially life threatening.”
Lee said the crash is still under investigation, and he did not have any other details.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads