Home » News » Public Safety
Two men injured in Route 103 crash in Newbury
NEWBURY — Two men were hospitalized Monday morning after their vehicles collided on Route 103.
Police responded to Route 103 around 9:30 a.m., said Newbury Police Chief Bob Lee. The report came in as a two-vehicle crash with entrapment. Two patients were pinned and one had life-threatening injuries.
The crash occurred near the Bradford town line, Lee said, just past Appleseed Restaurant in Bradford. Route 103 was closed while emergency workers responded, but the road was reopened soon after the crash was cleared, Lee said.
Each car had one occupant and each occupant was injured, he said. Both drivers were taken to Concord Hospital for treatment, one by ambulance and one was life-flighted by a medical helicopter for trauma.
“Both should survive fine,” Lee said. “Nothing initially life threatening.”
Lee said the crash is still under investigation, and he did not have any other details.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 2
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 21
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- 2 Manchester health service groups announce merger - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer