Home » News » Public Safety
Two men injured in Route 103 crash in Newbury
NEWBURY — Two men were hospitalized Monday morning after their vehicles collided on Route 103.
Police responded to Route 103 around 9:30 a.m., said Newbury Police Chief Bob Lee. The report came in as a two-vehicle crash with entrapment. Two patients were pinned and one had life-threatening injuries.
The crash occurred near the Bradford town line, Lee said, just past Appleseed Restaurant in Bradford. Route 103 was closed while emergency workers responded, but the road was reopened soon after the crash was cleared, Lee said.
Each car had one occupant and each occupant was injured, he said. Both drivers were taken to Concord Hospital for treatment, one by ambulance and one was life-flighted by a medical helicopter for trauma.
“Both should survive fine,” Lee said. “Nothing initially life threatening.”
Lee said the crash is still under investigation, and he did not have any other details.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 5
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Tuition tax credits make a return