Home » News » Public Safety
Two men injured in Route 103 crash in Newbury
NEWBURY — Two men were hospitalized Monday morning after their vehicles collided on Route 103.
Police responded to Route 103 around 9:30 a.m., said Newbury Police Chief Bob Lee. The report came in as a two-vehicle crash with entrapment. Two patients were pinned and one had life-threatening injuries.
The crash occurred near the Bradford town line, Lee said, just past Appleseed Restaurant in Bradford. Route 103 was closed while emergency workers responded, but the road was reopened soon after the crash was cleared, Lee said.
Each car had one occupant and each occupant was injured, he said. Both drivers were taken to Concord Hospital for treatment, one by ambulance and one was life-flighted by a medical helicopter for trauma.
“Both should survive fine,” Lee said. “Nothing initially life threatening.”
Lee said the crash is still under investigation, and he did not have any other details.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 2
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof