Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Charlestown woman charged with setting fire to Dover apartment
Keri Ann Martin, 40, of 479 Old Claremont Road, is charged with arson, a class A felony, and reckless conduct, a class A misdemeanor.
Martin was arrested after a joint investigation by police and fire into the blaze that happened at 1:40 a.m. Monday at 7 Floral Ave.
According to both police and fire, investigators determined Martin intentionally lit the fire in the kitchen area of Apartment B. Police Capt. Bill Breault said Martin was visiting an acquaintance who resides in the apartment at the time the fire was started.
The blaze, which was contained to the kitchen area, resulted in the evacuation of the 12-unit apartment building. Damage was significant to the kitchen, but Breault said once the building was vented of the heavy smoke, other residents were allowed to return to their apartments.
He explained that police arrived at the fire scene soon after the fire was reported. He said it quickly became obvious that the fire was suspicious and Martin became a suspect.
Martin was taken to the police station where it was warm - it was extremely cold that morning, Breault explained - and so investigators could speak to her about the fire. She later was placed under arrest.
Breault said the motive for the crime still remains under investigation.
Martin was booked by police on the charges and later released on $10,000 personal recognizance bail. She is to be arraigned on April 4 in 7th Circuit Court, Dover District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Total Votes: 917