Sugar Hill eyes money to fight Northern Pass
According to the warrant article, the $10,000 fund would be administered by the Select Board “for the purpose of financing legal expenses and other costs incurred by the town in advocating the town’s opposition to the Northern Pass project.”
Another article asks voters to authorize the Select Board to accept donations, grants or gifts, in any amount, to be used for the fund.
Other states require developers to provide “municipal intervener” funds that essentially help cities and towns oppose the project the developer is proposing.
“In New Hampshire, towns and their residents are forced to foot the bill,” said Susan Schibanoff, a Northern Pass opponent who lives in nearby Easton.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
- Lundberg survey says gas prices fall as refinery output rises - 0
- Peterborough OKs state's largest solar array project - 0
- Settlement reached between Groton Wind and state AG's office - 1
- Peterborough makes plans for state's largest solar array - 0
- Alexandria won't approve permit for wind-power developer - 0
- Windham officials to discuss development - 0
- AMC asking N.E. governors to stop Northern Pass lines - 25
- Alternative routes being laid out for gas pipeline expansion - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 1
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Market Basket community waits and watches
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride