Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Pelham voters to decide on $22.6 million school project
There are no contested races for the School Board, but voters are being asked to approve a $22.6 million high school renovation project.
The renovations will help alleviate crowding and address all the school's state accreditation concerns, according to School Board Chairman Brian Carton.
The project will increase the number of classrooms, increase the size of the existing classrooms, update the cafeteria and gym, add a new performing arts space and create additional parking.
New collective bargaining agreements for teachers and educational assistants are also on the ballot.The teachers' contract would see an increase in salaries and benefits of $185,216 the first year and $199,696 the second year.The proposed educational assistants' contract would see an increase in salaries and benefits of $82,292 the first year and $42,999 the second year.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 3
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Every vote counts: Here is the proof