Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Bedford voters to decide on $64.1 million school spending plan
Warrant Article 2 seeks approval of a new three-year contract for custodial and maintenance staff at a cost of $22,798 for 2014-15, $43,194 for 2015-16 and $34,916 for 2016-17. The contract would provide, in years one and two of the contract, a 45 cent per hour salary increase for those making more than $13 per hour and a 75 cent per hour raise for those making less than $13 per hour; and in year three, a 60 cent per hour raise for those making less than $13. Employees would also share higher health insurance costs.
Articles 3 and 5 would authorize the School Board to hold special meetings if the negotiated contracts do not pass.
Article 7 gives the board approval to accept gifts on behalf of the district.
School Board: Running for two, three-year seats are incumbent Bill Foote, Bill Kassler, Aaron Day and Jen DeAngelis.
READER COMMENTS: 36
- Thomas Sowell: The legal system exists to prevent mob 'justice' - 3
- Another View -- Cass Sunstein: A salute to the graceful silence of George W. Bush - 7
- David Harsanyi : Run, Liz, run! - 21
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 43
- Another View -- Harold Meyerson: The right underestimates Elizabeth Warren's appeal - 39
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 2
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 20
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive