Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Bedford voters to decide on $64.1 million school spending plan
Warrant Article 2 seeks approval of a new three-year contract for custodial and maintenance staff at a cost of $22,798 for 2014-15, $43,194 for 2015-16 and $34,916 for 2016-17. The contract would provide, in years one and two of the contract, a 45 cent per hour salary increase for those making more than $13 per hour and a 75 cent per hour raise for those making less than $13 per hour; and in year three, a 60 cent per hour raise for those making less than $13. Employees would also share higher health insurance costs.
Articles 3 and 5 would authorize the School Board to hold special meetings if the negotiated contracts do not pass.
Article 7 gives the board approval to accept gifts on behalf of the district.
School Board: Running for two, three-year seats are incumbent Bill Foote, Bill Kassler, Aaron Day and Jen DeAngelis.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Comedian Joan Rivers dead at age 81 says daughter - 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison
Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs