Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Tax impact would be 24 cents per thousand dollars of assessed property value or $84 for the owner of a $350,000 home.
Voters will also get to weigh in on the district’s proposed $45,624,106 overall budget. The new budget represents an $814,106 increase over the current year and would have a tax impact of 35 cents per thousand.
Article 5, a citizens petition article for the $860,000 bonded purchase of the historic Campbell Farm at 137 Kendall Pond Road, would result in the preservation of the property for educational and recreational uses. If the article is approved, the site would remain a protected conservation spot, with the town making annual payments of $85,000 toward the bond over the course of the next decade.
Article 10, a $74,820 contract with the town’s firefighters union, represents at 2.5 percent cost-of-living raise that would become effective next month should the item pass.
Ballot voting on all town and school items will take place Tuesday, March 11, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Windham High School.
- Roadside directives aren't always as helpful as they should be - 1
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- A Deep South college town carries his name, but NH's general is no local fixture - 2
- After the election is over, the signs remain - 4
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Shelters provide stable places to rebuild lives - 0
- School's out for voters - 3
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Tenants, landlords trumped by persistent bedbugs - 4
- Neighbors want a sound wall for a wall of highway sound - 0
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Library namesake rescued from the vault: Elenora Blood Carpenter gets her rightful placeREADER COMMENTS: 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
A new era for Nashua's police force
Cyber security a fear in NH, too
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'