Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Cruiser video systems await Barnstead voters' OK
Voting is at town hall from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and town meeting will be held March 15 at 9 a.m.
The budget committee is not recommending two money warrant articles but has added more than $31,000 to its budget proposal to provide more equipment for the fire department, town officials said.
Article 4 asks for $55,000 for the town to buy 7.932 acres of property at Route 28 and Oxbow Road for town use. This article is recommended, 4-1, by the selectmen, but it is not recommended by the budget committee, which voted 2-4 against it. This article would have a tax impact of 12 cents.
Article 7 asks for $62,927 for the second year’s payment of the five-year lease agreement for the highway department’s grader. Article 8 asks for $6,300 to buy bulletproof vests for the police department and to authorize the acceptance of $3,150 of a federal grant to pay part of the cost.
Several other articles ask for money for capital reserve and trust funds. Article 12 asks the town to establish a road paving and maintenance expendable trust fund, with a first deposit this year of $200,000. Article 14 asks for $7,500 for the parks and recreation building capital reserve fund.
Article 17 asks for $5,000 for the historical society building capital reserve fund.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Menino, Boston's longest-serving mayor, dies at 71 - 1
- Judge plans to release GT Advanced Technologies documents critical of Apple - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Derry's tax rate drops as property valuations increase - 0
- Maine nurse defies state Ebola quarantine, leaves home - 10
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
Trump fired up over NH mailer