Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Incumbent selectmen challenged in Pelham
Incumbent board members William McDevitt and Doug Viger are being challenged by political newcomer Paul Moriarty.
He said he’s proud of the job the board has done on issues such as the new central fire station and the updated negotiated union contracts. If he is re-elected, Viger said he would like to focus on stabilizing the town’s tax rate by creating more procedures and templates as the basis of how the town moves forward financially.
The $13,423,831 budget on the ballot is only about $120,000 more than last year’s approved budget of $13,310,525.
The new exemption takes a three-tiered approach, granting up to $33,000 off assessed property values for property owners 64 to 74, $85,000 for those 75 to 79, and capping it at $100,000 off the assessed property value for those 80 and older.
Polls are open on Tuesday, March 11, from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Pelham High School.
READER COMMENTS: 47
- Advocates want more money from liquor sales to treat addiction - 0
- GOP and Democrats each pick up a seat in recounts - 0
- Bedford’s Sanborn drops out of NH House Speaker race - 0
- Merrill replaces Flanders as NH Senate Chief of Staff - 0
- Gov. Hassan wants a 'thoughtful, careful' budget - 0
- House Dems pick Shurtleff as their leader - 0
- Ayotte, other NH GOP heavyweights urge support of Gene Chandler as Speaker - 10
- Governor withdraws pair of nominations to SEC - 0
- State's High Court refuses to hear NH Right to Life appeal - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 0
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 0
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 0
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH