Home » News » Politics » State Government
NH House give OK to homegrown marijuana for people who need it
The use of medical marijuana for patients suffering from severe illnesses was passed into law last year. The version passed by the House contained a so-called “home grow” provision, but Hassan strongly opposed that part of the bill and said she would veto the overall bill if the provision were included.
“Home grow” supporters said it would be cheaper and allow immediate relief for patient instead of forcing them to wait at least two years until a system to dispense the drug was established. But faced with the veto threat, the House relented and accepted the bill without the “home grow” provision.
The bill passed Thursday allows patients who cannot wait for the alternative treatment centers to grow and possess no more than two mature plants and 12 seedlings.
He said the MPP is optimistic the Senate will pass the bill.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Downtown, it's all in the restaurant family - 1
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A short history of the spice trade - 1
- City Matters: Little sleep for Vietnam vet - 3
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 10
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: 'Taps' is soundtrack of summer ceremony - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Central buddies play on - 1
- DIY addition draws city's, neighbors' ire - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 11
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too