Home » News » Politics » State Government
NH House give OK to homegrown marijuana for people who need it
The use of medical marijuana for patients suffering from severe illnesses was passed into law last year. The version passed by the House contained a so-called “home grow” provision, but Hassan strongly opposed that part of the bill and said she would veto the overall bill if the provision were included.
“Home grow” supporters said it would be cheaper and allow immediate relief for patient instead of forcing them to wait at least two years until a system to dispense the drug was established. But faced with the veto threat, the House relented and accepted the bill without the “home grow” provision.
The bill passed Thursday allows patients who cannot wait for the alternative treatment centers to grow and possess no more than two mature plants and 12 seedlings.
He said the MPP is optimistic the Senate will pass the bill.
READER COMMENTS: 48
- Committee rejects call for additional money to help charter schools - 4
- House group rejects sending surplus to rainy day fund - 1
- Young reappointed to AG post - 0
- Hassan won't ask for vote on new members of utility project evaluation panel - 2
- Nashua asks judge to hold secretary of state in contempt over how ballot was printed - 0
- State agency budget requests top $12 billion for next two years - 2
- Lawmakers honored for environmental work - 0
- Senate president says $70 million is the number for state budget cuts - 0
- Group continues its fight to stop development at Sunapee's West Bowl - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 7
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer