New Hampshire Religion News in Brief
DERRY — Etz Hayim Synagogue will celebrate the holiday of Purim on Saturday, March 15, at 8 p.m.
Purim commemorates a time when the Jews living in ancient Persia were saved from extermination, as recounted in the Biblical Book of Esther.
Congregants will perform the story of Purim as adapted to the popular tunes of the band Queen. There will be a contest for the most creative “hamantashen” (Purim cookies).
Pelham church offers Lent series
The Rev. Bill Ferguson, pastor of First Congregational Church of Pelham UCC, will be joined by the Rev. Amy Alletzhauser, a methodist pastor and therapist at the New England Pastoral Institute of Salem, to lead discussions surrounding the issues that arise as our parents age.
The class will examine change, issues of authority, emotions and regaining balance in our changing relationships.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Churches turn to social media to reach people - 0
- Salem church a step closer to expanded feeding capability - 0
- Beloved pastor, Citizen of the Year dies - 0
- New vicar general appointed to the Diocese of New England - 0
- Dover's St. Mary Academy gears up for annual auction, ugly sweater party - 0
- Our Corner Store in Whitefield to hold bag sale - 0
- St. Pat's announces Shoot for the Stars auction - 0
- Manchester church names music director - 0
- Catholics from NH and around world watching Vatican synod - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 0
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
- NHIAA: Brummett scores 5 for Derryfield - 0
- NHIAA: Souhegan advances in OT - 0
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks
A good first impression
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood