Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking
Cara E. Smith, 39, of 6 Satin Ave., told authorities that on the evening of Feb. 23 — the night she allegedly struck and killed Robert Derome, 63, with her SUV — she had five alcoholic beverages while out to dinner.
"Smith advised she slowed, and looked out her windows and did not see anyone/anything in the area, so she continued to drive home," says the affidavit. After noticing damage to her vehicle the next morning, Smith told police that she reported the damage to her insurance company, saying someone struck her parked car.
According to authorities, damaged pieces of Smith's SUV were found at the accident scene, and video cameras from different locations recorded the SUV traveling on West Hollis Street the night of Derome's death. In the footage, the SUV was spotted with two working headlights in one area of the roadway, but just one working headlight in the area past the collision, says the affidavit.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom - 1
- Nashua couple's minivan stolen with toddler in back seat - 10
- Pelham store robbed Saturday - 0
- Woman charged with attacking fiancÚ, threatening him with a gun - 0
- Two months later, still no answers in killing near Stinson Lake - 0
- Man cited for OHRV use in wetland area in Stewartstown - 0
- $25M suit filed against jail, police by man paralyzed in custody - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown v. Shaheen: A tale of new polls - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid is identified - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Football Power Poll; Who's No. 1 this week? - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Belichick's 200th was a trademark triumph - 0
- MarketReach makes move to Nashua - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917