Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking
Cara E. Smith, 39, of 6 Satin Ave., told authorities that on the evening of Feb. 23 — the night she allegedly struck and killed Robert Derome, 63, with her SUV — she had five alcoholic beverages while out to dinner.
"Smith advised she slowed, and looked out her windows and did not see anyone/anything in the area, so she continued to drive home," says the affidavit. After noticing damage to her vehicle the next morning, Smith told police that she reported the damage to her insurance company, saying someone struck her parked car.
According to authorities, damaged pieces of Smith's SUV were found at the accident scene, and video cameras from different locations recorded the SUV traveling on West Hollis Street the night of Derome's death. In the footage, the SUV was spotted with two working headlights in one area of the roadway, but just one working headlight in the area past the collision, says the affidavit.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge OKs early release for former teacher convicted of possessing child porn - 0
- Nashua man indicted for allegedly shooting girlfriend - 0
- Manchester 7-Eleven robbed for fourth time - 0
- Manchester couple faces robbery, theft charges after Salem mall incident - 0
- Chainsaw-wielding man facing multiple charges over Sept. incident - 0
- Woman faces assault charge after Monopoly game gets out of hand - 15
- Plea deal gives shooter 15-30 years in 2012 death of Manchester man - 0
- Missouri governor urges calm ahead of grand jury decision on shooting; findings to be announced at 9 p.m. - 0
- Two Manchester brothers indicted in Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 1
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483