Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Police make arrest in Pembroke embezzlement case
Lisa Wiggin, 46, the former treasurer and president of the Pembroke Friends of Football (PFOF), was arrested Friday and charged with one felony count of theft by embezzlement.
Parker said Wiggin has been cooperative throughout the investigation, and has confessed to the crime.
"I can tell you the money she took wasn't for vacations or diamond jewelry or anything like that," she added. "It appears the money was used solely for debts and past due bills."
Regardless of the amount Wiggin placed back in the bank account, Parker said the activity is still criminal in nature.
"The other big factor in this case is that the victims are the kids who may have to ultimately pay for the crime that was committed," Parker added. "Obviously, restitution is important here, and the main goal is for the league to function at a level similar to years past."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917