Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student
Blaine Steinberg, a Dartmouth junior, died suddenly at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Friday night of an undisclosed illness. A statement from Dartmouth officials said she had fallen ill, was taken to the hospital and died suddenly.
Steinberg was a native of Wynnewood, Penn., and a former member of the Dartmouth women's lacrosse team who was unable to play her freshman year due to injury, said a release from Dartmouth's Sports Information Office.
Dartmouth officials made counselors available to meet with students on Friday night after the death was announced and then again on Saturday.
Early last month, another member of the Dartmouth Class of 2015, Tobin Tucker, died while competing in a cross-country skiing event in Vermont.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wheeler in Dist. 5: A GOP fighter for the little guy - 2
- GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help - 12
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 43
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 37
- Innis in the 1st: A strong choice for Congress - 10
- Obama waits: A terror threat grows - 41
- For U.S. Senate, Scott Brown best NH candidate come November - 71
- Race and policing: America has a problem - 0
- Strength in faith: Gaining it from Jim Foley's family - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 2
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate