Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student
Blaine Steinberg, a Dartmouth junior, died suddenly at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Friday night of an undisclosed illness. A statement from Dartmouth officials said she had fallen ill, was taken to the hospital and died suddenly.
Steinberg was a native of Wynnewood, Penn., and a former member of the Dartmouth women's lacrosse team who was unable to play her freshman year due to injury, said a release from Dartmouth's Sports Information Office.
Dartmouth officials made counselors available to meet with students on Friday night after the death was announced and then again on Saturday.
Early last month, another member of the Dartmouth Class of 2015, Tobin Tucker, died while competing in a cross-country skiing event in Vermont.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Manchester makes move to outsource student driver education program - 3
- Nashua education board chair concerned about test scores - 0
- Dartmouth scholar to co-lead Arctic initiative - 0
- Manchester school health costs down, but plans called 'generous' - 0
- Manchester school board reaffirms 'get tough' policy for student assaults - 3
- Pinkerton Academy to issue refunds to sending towns - 0
- New Boston firefighters share safety tips with elementary school students - 0
- Public hearing on proposed school bonds - 1
- Crotched Mtn. school suit alleges abuse - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Derry's tax rate drops as property valuations increase - 0
- Maine nurse defies state Ebola quarantine, leaves home - 8
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 24
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 3
Trump fired up over NH mailer