Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student
Blaine Steinberg, a Dartmouth junior, died suddenly at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Friday night of an undisclosed illness. A statement from Dartmouth officials said she had fallen ill, was taken to the hospital and died suddenly.
Steinberg was a native of Wynnewood, Penn., and a former member of the Dartmouth women's lacrosse team who was unable to play her freshman year due to injury, said a release from Dartmouth's Sports Information Office.
Dartmouth officials made counselors available to meet with students on Friday night after the death was announced and then again on Saturday.
Early last month, another member of the Dartmouth Class of 2015, Tobin Tucker, died while competing in a cross-country skiing event in Vermont.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Surprise, surprise: Obamacare funds abortions - 57
- Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over - 8
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 5
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 12
- Strategery: A war by any other name - 28
- Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.? - 6
- Public be damned: Litchfield latest example - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 15
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'