Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student
Blaine Steinberg, a Dartmouth junior, died suddenly at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Friday night of an undisclosed illness. A statement from Dartmouth officials said she had fallen ill, was taken to the hospital and died suddenly.
Steinberg was a native of Wynnewood, Penn., and a former member of the Dartmouth women's lacrosse team who was unable to play her freshman year due to injury, said a release from Dartmouth's Sports Information Office.
Dartmouth officials made counselors available to meet with students on Friday night after the death was announced and then again on Saturday.
Early last month, another member of the Dartmouth Class of 2015, Tobin Tucker, died while competing in a cross-country skiing event in Vermont.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sandown school board member demands surveillance video in letter to superintendent - 2
- Campbell High celebrates a national distinction - 0
- Central High fair to feature admissions officers - 0
- Nashua board reviews eligibility for school sports and clubs - 0
- Nashua fourth-graders show significant gains in science - 0
- UNH math professor earns prestigious MacArthur Fellowship - 0
- School emergency notification system to launch in Londonderry - 0
- New Nashua computer curriculum stresses exam, lifetime skills - 0
- Manchester teachers to hold 2nd contract vote following voting hours complaints - 26
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sox down Orioles in 10 as Ortiz hits a pair - 0
- Portsmouth stuns Memorial - 0
- High School Sports Round-up - 0
- Milford stuffs Souhegan on final play - 0
- Efficient Bedford beats Winnacunnet - 0
- Ex-Connecticut governor guilty of violating federal campaign laws - 0
- GOP attempts to tie Shaheen to old criminal case - 3
- Salem man presented with Polish award - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge was local woman - 0
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
Goodell vows domestic violence change