Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Travolta app proof we can handle anything
Travolta, the actor, was on the Oscars show Sunday a week ago. He was to introduce a singer of one of the nominated film songs.
Truth to tell, if no one had called him on it, I wouldn't have caught the error. I knew there was a singer named Adele but the only Menzel I know of is "Mr. Football," Johnny Manziel.
Joe McQuaid becomes "Jude Mceezald" in Travolta-speak. Maggie Hassan is "Mollie Herdson." And the lyrical Carol Shea-Porter becomes "Campbell Stewaeert," which sounds like she could compete in the Highland Games.
Perhaps it was just a misplaced diaresis or umlaut.
My friend, John Harrigan, has been after us for years to place that specific punctuation over the "Coos" in our state edition's "From Coos to the Sea" tagline so it won't be mispronounced, John Travolta-style. Mission accomplished, Harrigan.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Havenstein says Christie backing a 'boost'