New Hampshire Senior News in Brief
Maple Suites offers free seminars in March
DOVER — Maple Suites Senior Independent Living is hosting a full slate of seminars and events during March. The events are free and open to the public.
Some offer limited seating and all events require advance registration by calling Maple Suites at 742-8820. Many of the events may include a meal either prior to or following the event, so it is important to call for more information. Maple Suites is located at 30 Holiday Drive in Dover and offers seniors an independent lifestyle with many services included.
• Tributes & Memories Shows: Former Nashville Recording Artist Stan Anderson, Jr. performs every Sunday at 4 p.m. at Maple Suites, and performs songs by Elvis, Sinatra, Martin, Twitty and the greats. Limited seating.
• Skin Cancer Awareness Seminar: Thursday, March 13 at 11 a.m. Learn the warning signs of skin cancer from Onsite Dermatology. Limited seating with advance registration required.
• Adventure Travel – Ireland: Our Co-Managers David and Mary Kearney who lived in Ireland for seven years will share their memories on Saturday, March 15 at 11 a.m. as they provide a pictorial look at Ireland. Limited seating.
• St. Patrick’s Day Meal: Enjoy a delicious chef-prepared Irish meal on St. Patrick’s Day, Monday, March 17 at 12:30 p.m. Limited seating.
Littleton senior center holds St. Patrick party
LITTLETON — The Littleton Area Senior Center, 77 Riverglen Lane, will hold a St. Patrick’s Day celebration Monday, March 17, with a traditional corned beef and cabbage dinner. Wear green and a smile and enjoy some traditional Irish music with Lucille Bedard on piano.
• Reflexology with Kate Kelly: A new series of workshops being offered by Kate, a certified lay coach and master trainer in a variety of alternative health disciplines.
She has offered to hold a different workshop each month for the next several months.
On Thursday, March 20, she will offer reflexology with the concentration on hands. The workshop will last 45 minutes to an hour and is free if you come for lunch.
There will be a $2 fee for all others. Please sign up at front desk. For more information, call 444-6050.
OLLI at Granite State College has anniversary
MANCHESTER — Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Granite State College will host a “Mug and Muffin” social event on Wednesday, March 19 from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at Granite State College, 195 McGregor St., 3rd floor in Manchester.
This event is the first of several social events planned for the year in celebration of its 10th anniversary.
OLLI members and guests will have the opportunity to mingle and visit with one another while enjoying coffee or tea and a muffin and share ideas and interest in classes on topics such as Shakespeare, the history of the Merrimack River, the Holocaust, Mah Jongg, a cruise to Appledore Island and many others. This event is free. Please RSVP to the OLLI office at 513-1377 or email@example.com by March 14.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.