Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend
Stephanie Woodsum, 23, was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of unsworn falsification on Monday just as her boyfriend, Kevin Lynch, was arraigned for allegedly choking her daughter and causing hemorrhaging around the toddler's eyes and face.
He is charged with second-degree assault, an offense punishable by up to 3 ½ to 7 years in state prison.
Statements she made during the interview were found to be "purposely misleading" as police investigated their case, which led to Lynch's arrest, according to police. The state Department of Youth and Families is now involved with the care of the girl, police said. Woodsum, who police say is a transient from Somersworth, was released on $25,000 personal recognizance bail.
A doctor who specializes in child abuse pediatrics told police that the young girl was brought to the hospital after the girl's mother noticed "blood in her eyes, nose and a rash on her face and chest," court documents said.
Lynch said the bed wetting happened just after he woke up around 8 a.m. and had started his car to leave his girlfriend's residence.
"He had told her not to wet the bed again before leaving the residence," Munck said in the affidavit. Lynch told police that the girl's mother was asleep during the incident. Lynch is due back in court for a probable cause hearing on March 18. Woodsum is scheduled for arraignment April 8.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 0
- Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man charged with felony cruelty to animals - 0
- Winchester cold case murder solved; investigators say serial killer died in prison - 0
- Second bomb threat in a week at Farmington High School - 1
- Rochester teen indicted for murder of Madbury teen - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 0
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483