Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep
OSSIPEE — A drug sweep orchestrated by the Ossipee Police Department resulted in the arrests of nine people charged with possession and/or sale of heroin.
Detective Sgt. Robert J. King Jr. of the Ossipee Police Department announced Monday afternoon that a sweep conducted with assistance from the New Hampshire State Police SWAT team, the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office, as well as police departments in Madison, Freedom and Effingham ended after an hour-long standoff with one of the suspects in Ossipee.
Arrested were Casey Morgan, 26, Curt Dow, 50, James M. Jennings, 19, Jeffrey Lamarche, 35, Mark Galloway, 33, and Christopher McCarthy, 23, all of Ossipee, along with Steven Vantassel, 42, and John Parsons, 21, both of Effingham, and Aerielle Glazier, 21, of Wolfeboro.
All nine are suspected in the sale of heroin. Police said the arrests are the result of a lengthy investigation.
The N.H. State Police SWAT team surrounded Dow's residence on Chickville Road and negotiated with him for approximately an hour prior to his surrender. Dow is currently on bail for similar charges stemming from an investigation in 2013.
Initial court hearings are expected to begin Tuesday in 3rd Circuit Court, Ossipee District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483