Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep
OSSIPEE — A drug sweep orchestrated by the Ossipee Police Department resulted in the arrests of nine people charged with possession and/or sale of heroin.
Detective Sgt. Robert J. King Jr. of the Ossipee Police Department announced Monday afternoon that a sweep conducted with assistance from the New Hampshire State Police SWAT team, the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office, as well as police departments in Madison, Freedom and Effingham ended after an hour-long standoff with one of the suspects in Ossipee.
Arrested were Casey Morgan, 26, Curt Dow, 50, James M. Jennings, 19, Jeffrey Lamarche, 35, Mark Galloway, 33, and Christopher McCarthy, 23, all of Ossipee, along with Steven Vantassel, 42, and John Parsons, 21, both of Effingham, and Aerielle Glazier, 21, of Wolfeboro.
All nine are suspected in the sale of heroin. Police said the arrests are the result of a lengthy investigation.
The N.H. State Police SWAT team surrounded Dow's residence on Chickville Road and negotiated with him for approximately an hour prior to his surrender. Dow is currently on bail for similar charges stemming from an investigation in 2013.
Initial court hearings are expected to begin Tuesday in 3rd Circuit Court, Ossipee District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 15
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917