Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep
OSSIPEE — A drug sweep orchestrated by the Ossipee Police Department resulted in the arrests of nine people charged with possession and/or sale of heroin.
Detective Sgt. Robert J. King Jr. of the Ossipee Police Department announced Monday afternoon that a sweep conducted with assistance from the New Hampshire State Police SWAT team, the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office, as well as police departments in Madison, Freedom and Effingham ended after an hour-long standoff with one of the suspects in Ossipee.
Arrested were Casey Morgan, 26, Curt Dow, 50, James M. Jennings, 19, Jeffrey Lamarche, 35, Mark Galloway, 33, and Christopher McCarthy, 23, all of Ossipee, along with Steven Vantassel, 42, and John Parsons, 21, both of Effingham, and Aerielle Glazier, 21, of Wolfeboro.
All nine are suspected in the sale of heroin. Police said the arrests are the result of a lengthy investigation.
The N.H. State Police SWAT team surrounded Dow's residence on Chickville Road and negotiated with him for approximately an hour prior to his surrender. Dow is currently on bail for similar charges stemming from an investigation in 2013.
Initial court hearings are expected to begin Tuesday in 3rd Circuit Court, Ossipee District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 23
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 0
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917