Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep
OSSIPEE — A drug sweep orchestrated by the Ossipee Police Department resulted in the arrests of nine people charged with possession and/or sale of heroin.
Detective Sgt. Robert J. King Jr. of the Ossipee Police Department announced Monday afternoon that a sweep conducted with assistance from the New Hampshire State Police SWAT team, the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office, as well as police departments in Madison, Freedom and Effingham ended after an hour-long standoff with one of the suspects in Ossipee.
Arrested were Casey Morgan, 26, Curt Dow, 50, James M. Jennings, 19, Jeffrey Lamarche, 35, Mark Galloway, 33, and Christopher McCarthy, 23, all of Ossipee, along with Steven Vantassel, 42, and John Parsons, 21, both of Effingham, and Aerielle Glazier, 21, of Wolfeboro.
All nine are suspected in the sale of heroin. Police said the arrests are the result of a lengthy investigation.
The N.H. State Police SWAT team surrounded Dow's residence on Chickville Road and negotiated with him for approximately an hour prior to his surrender. Dow is currently on bail for similar charges stemming from an investigation in 2013.
Initial court hearings are expected to begin Tuesday in 3rd Circuit Court, Ossipee District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917