Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep
OSSIPEE — A drug sweep orchestrated by the Ossipee Police Department resulted in the arrests of nine people charged with possession and/or sale of heroin.
Detective Sgt. Robert J. King Jr. of the Ossipee Police Department announced Monday afternoon that a sweep conducted with assistance from the New Hampshire State Police SWAT team, the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office, as well as police departments in Madison, Freedom and Effingham ended after an hour-long standoff with one of the suspects in Ossipee.
Arrested were Casey Morgan, 26, Curt Dow, 50, James M. Jennings, 19, Jeffrey Lamarche, 35, Mark Galloway, 33, and Christopher McCarthy, 23, all of Ossipee, along with Steven Vantassel, 42, and John Parsons, 21, both of Effingham, and Aerielle Glazier, 21, of Wolfeboro.
All nine are suspected in the sale of heroin. Police said the arrests are the result of a lengthy investigation.
The N.H. State Police SWAT team surrounded Dow's residence on Chickville Road and negotiated with him for approximately an hour prior to his surrender. Dow is currently on bail for similar charges stemming from an investigation in 2013.
Initial court hearings are expected to begin Tuesday in 3rd Circuit Court, Ossipee District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry man facing sex assaults wants trial, rejects plea deal - 0
- Bail set at $20,000 for escapee captured after DWI wreck of stolen car - 0
- Missing inmate arrested in Rochester after crash - 3
- Tensions boil over after NYC police killings - 11
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Utility truck overturns as vehicles dodge ladder on Route 101 in Exeter - 1
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 32
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 9
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483