Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed
Kevin Lynch, 27, was ordered held at the Rockingham County jail on $25,000 cash bail following his arraignment in 10th Circuit Court, Candia District Division, Monday.
He is charged with second-degree assault, an offense punishable by up to 3 ½ to 7 years in state prison.
Exeter police arrested Lynch Friday night after being called to Exeter Hospital’s Emergency Department to investigate the alleged assault.
A doctor who specializes in child abuse pediatrics told police that the young girl was brought to the hospital after the girl’s mother noticed “blood in her eyes, nose and a rash on her face and chest,” court documents said.
Another doctor who examined the girl determined the injuries were not caused by an infection, “but that they did appear to be consistent with signs of asphyxiation,” Detective Sgt. Michael Munck said in a sworn affidavit.
In an interview with police, Lynch acknowledged being “a little rough” with the child after she had wet the bed.
“He said that he had held her with one arm and brought her to the bathroom to change, and had carried her back to the bedroom and then ‘threw her over to the bed’,” Munck said in the affidavit.
Lynch said the bed wetting happened just after he woke up around 8 a.m. and had started his car to leave his girlfriend’s residence.
During his interview with police, Lynch demonstrated how he held the girl in the headlock hold when he carried her, according to court records.
“He had told her not to wet the bed again before leaving the residence,” Munck said in the affidavit. Lynch told police that the girl’s mother was asleep during the incident.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483