Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed
Kevin Lynch, 27, was ordered held at the Rockingham County jail on $25,000 cash bail following his arraignment in 10th Circuit Court, Candia District Division, Monday.
He is charged with second-degree assault, an offense punishable by up to 3 ½ to 7 years in state prison.
Exeter police arrested Lynch Friday night after being called to Exeter Hospital’s Emergency Department to investigate the alleged assault.
A doctor who specializes in child abuse pediatrics told police that the young girl was brought to the hospital after the girl’s mother noticed “blood in her eyes, nose and a rash on her face and chest,” court documents said.
Another doctor who examined the girl determined the injuries were not caused by an infection, “but that they did appear to be consistent with signs of asphyxiation,” Detective Sgt. Michael Munck said in a sworn affidavit.
In an interview with police, Lynch acknowledged being “a little rough” with the child after she had wet the bed.
“He said that he had held her with one arm and brought her to the bathroom to change, and had carried her back to the bedroom and then ‘threw her over to the bed’,” Munck said in the affidavit.
Lynch said the bed wetting happened just after he woke up around 8 a.m. and had started his car to leave his girlfriend’s residence.
During his interview with police, Lynch demonstrated how he held the girl in the headlock hold when he carried her, according to court records.
“He had told her not to wet the bed again before leaving the residence,” Munck said in the affidavit. Lynch told police that the girl’s mother was asleep during the incident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police investigating after man stabbed in neck - 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 5
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483