Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth
Aaron Bonds was found not guilty of sexually assaulting a woman, but guilty of drugging her and two friends after a night of bar hopping in downtown Portsmouth in July 2012. (JAMES A. KIMBLE PHOTO)
A jury foreperson acknowledged to McHugh late Friday afternoon that their findings would likely not change if they were given more time to deliberate.
“Mr. Bonds respects the hard work and thoughtfulness of the jury in reaching their verdicts in this case,” Lavallee said on Friday afternoon. “As has been the case from the beginning, Mr. Bonds adamantly denies any improprieties with anyone.”
He faces up to 3 ½ to 7 years in state prison on the eight drug convictions, but for now, has dodged the potential for a much longer punishment on the sex assault charges.
Later in the night, Bonds met up with three of them at an apartment where they were drinking beer after a night of bar hopping. Bonds had put out more of the cocaine for the women to use, but did not take any himself, prosecutors argued.
The alleged victim of the sexual assault, and the two other women, who were granted immunity, all testified about taking the cocaine and knowing right away that there was something wrong with it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917