'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition
The winners are, from right to left: Evan Chandra, Anusha Murali, Coach Christine Raby, Tarang Saluja and Kunaal Sundara. (COURTESY)
MathCounts is a national mathematics competition for sixth-, seventh- and eighth-grade students. In New Hampshire, it is sponsored by the New Hampshire Society of Professional Engineers and the New Hampshire Teachers of Mathematics.
First place — Anusha Murali, Shaker Road School
Second place — Kunaal Sundara, Academy for Science and Design
Third place — Tarang Saluja, Nashua Catholic Regional Jr. H.S.
On the team side, Shaker Road School placed first, the Academy for Science and Design finished second, and the Fairgrounds Middle School placed third.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate