Portuguese firm's wind-speed tower request creates concern
EDP Renewables of Portugal, which says it has developed more than 4,000 megawatts of wind power in the United States and has built wind power plants in Maine, met with Alexandria selectmen Feb. 25 to share information needed for the town to permit an 80-meter meteorological tower, said Derek B. Rieman, a project manager with EDP Renewables.
If permitted by the state’s Site Evaluation Committee, Spruce Wind would be a $140 million, 60-megwawatt, 15-25 turbine project that would be built on a single landowner’s leased property which stretches across the towns of Groton, Alexandria, Hebron and Orange.
“From Mt. Cardigan itself, the turbine project will also be seen in its entirety and will additionally have turbines on property crossed by local hiking trails connecting to AMC trails,” she said.
“We believe this project has the necessary requirements to benefit New Hampshire with the $140 million investment, over 1,000 construction jobs, and several permanent positions. These towns will also receive property taxes for the existence of the project,” Rieman said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal urban police policies won't quell riots - 0
- Another View -- Frank Guinta: I am uniquely qualified to represent NH in Congress - 11
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama confuses the TV world with the real one - 2
- George Will: In defense of the defenders - 0
- Roger Simon: Is Ferguson the future? - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help