Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Parking lot study to go before Peterborough voters
Select board members decided to propose the parking lot after reviewing feedback from an online survey and a previous public hearing on multiple solutions to the downtown parking problem.
“It was really clear from both the online survey that we did and the public hearing that we had that that was everyone’s number one choice.”The town owns the GAR Hall, but has an agreement to sell the building for $172,000 to local businessmen contingent on the construction of a parking lot.
If approved the item would allow Public Works Director Rodney Bartlett to spend up to $80,000 to determine whether the proposed parking lot is feasible, Miller said.
“Employees are really the ones that are looking forward to having this additional parking resource for them,” Miller said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Removal of 1907 Boscawen bridge less costly than planners expected - 1
- A trio of roundabouts looms a solution to Meredith’s seasonal traffic problem - 0
- Big potential, big subsidies projected in new rail study - 13
- Race to tie up Hampton Beach traffic Sunday - 0
- Road resurfacing project begins on Derry's West Broadway - 0
- Stark Covered Bridge repairs underway, to be completed in Spring 2015 - 0
- Londonderry allows DOT to assume management of Exit 4A project - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 0
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 0
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection