Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Parking lot study to go before Peterborough voters
Select board members decided to propose the parking lot after reviewing feedback from an online survey and a previous public hearing on multiple solutions to the downtown parking problem.
“It was really clear from both the online survey that we did and the public hearing that we had that that was everyone’s number one choice.”The town owns the GAR Hall, but has an agreement to sell the building for $172,000 to local businessmen contingent on the construction of a parking lot.
If approved the item would allow Public Works Director Rodney Bartlett to spend up to $80,000 to determine whether the proposed parking lot is feasible, Miller said.
“Employees are really the ones that are looking forward to having this additional parking resource for them,” Miller said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 2
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 6
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 6
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four