Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Parking lot study to go before Peterborough voters
Select board members decided to propose the parking lot after reviewing feedback from an online survey and a previous public hearing on multiple solutions to the downtown parking problem.
“It was really clear from both the online survey that we did and the public hearing that we had that that was everyone’s number one choice.”The town owns the GAR Hall, but has an agreement to sell the building for $172,000 to local businessmen contingent on the construction of a parking lot.
If approved the item would allow Public Works Director Rodney Bartlett to spend up to $80,000 to determine whether the proposed parking lot is feasible, Miller said.
“Employees are really the ones that are looking forward to having this additional parking resource for them,” Miller said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In NH, overhunting of RINOs is causing problems - 0
- Another View -- Shawn Jasper: It is time to get to work for the people of NH - 13
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK? - 1
- Another View - Debra and Marc Tice: Give families a say in hostage policy - 1
- Thomas Sowell: Politicians betray us by betraying our protectors - 1
- Another View -- Ross Gittell and Jeremy Hitchcock: By focusing on student success, NH community colleges prove their value - 1
- Another View -- David Scannell: A justified federal civil rights action in Manchester's schools - 5
- Pat Buchanan -- Jonathan Gruber, honest liberal - 4
- Jonah Goldberg: Thinking about torture - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man swung ax at ex - 0
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 0
- More theft-related charges for Raymond woman - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose