Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Parking lot study to go before Peterborough voters
Select board members decided to propose the parking lot after reviewing feedback from an online survey and a previous public hearing on multiple solutions to the downtown parking problem.
“It was really clear from both the online survey that we did and the public hearing that we had that that was everyone’s number one choice.”The town owns the GAR Hall, but has an agreement to sell the building for $172,000 to local businessmen contingent on the construction of a parking lot.
If approved the item would allow Public Works Director Rodney Bartlett to spend up to $80,000 to determine whether the proposed parking lot is feasible, Miller said.
“Employees are really the ones that are looking forward to having this additional parking resource for them,” Miller said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Win tickets to see Linkin Park